Saturday 16 April 2011

Car Wash Drama

At some point we all have to clean our car.  Some by car cleaners, some jet wash, or car wash.  Or the other strange breed who spend sunday afternoons with a pressure washer, toothbrush and chamois.

After filling with diesel yesterday I thought a quick blast through the car wash would not be a bad thing, I know its not good for the paintwork but time was against me.  Only once has a car wash refused my Audi, and that was because it has factory fitted roof bars and the attendent was convinced his car wash would take them off !



Well the roof bars were fine, but I looked on with horror as my roof aerial was ripped off and thrown 50 feet in front of the car.  And all you can do is sit there and wait for the cycle to finish before you can inspect the damage.

Which as it turns out wasn't too bad.  Instead of the aerial mast bending it has just bent and then snapped!

So a car with no raidio was not an option.  A quick phone call to the nice people at Audi told me a new mast would set me back £42.  Thanks but no thanks.  So E-bay to the rescue and by 3 o'clock I had ordered a new mast all in for £19.50.  The best part was it arrived at 9 this morning and the Audi now has tunes.

I suppose the moral is if you are going to be lazy and put the car through the car wash take the aerial off first, and don't buy parts from Audi unless you really have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment